6.14.2006

realities

a friend often told me that as an artist--particularly a writer--i have the power to change my reality and the realities of others. the fact that i'm also a powerful dreamer gives me another gateway into this level of change.

in that spirit, i'm trying my best not to feel helpless in the face of some of the things that i'm having to deal with right now. every chance i get, i actively meditate on that concept and those words.

in the words of the lovely ms. oyin, i may just have to wrap a little more fabric around my head to get folks to recognize.

i kinda did that today...a seriously wrapped bun. long, flowy skirt. earth colors. it's grounding and soothing to me somehow to dress this way.

hopefully, it will allow me to graciously do shit that i really don't feel i should have to do.

No comments: