this is a very effective ritual for creating change in your life. if you're holding on to doubts about change or fear "losing" people/situations that you've become attached to, you may want to gain more certainty and clarity before beginning this process.
but...if you're really ready to release and shift, this is definitely for you.
also: i have seen this reversed. some people release on the full moon and give thanks on the new. this method worked for me, but if your intuition leads you in another direction, follow that.
on the new moon...
- write/materialize your obstacle list. what's in your way? what needs improvement? what's keeping you from achieving your goal(s)? it should be made tangible so you can destroy it later.
- prepare for prayer. ground & protect yourself (visualize being surrounded in pure, brilliant white light from the bottom of your feet to the crown of your head). open your prayer as you normally would...calling in directions, protective spirits, etc. you can say your prayer on the morning or night of the new moon, whenever your energy runs highest.
- say the vow break prayer. at the bottom of this entry, i've listed the vow break prayer as it appeared on the website i used (if anyone finds it in this language online, let me know). my notes are in brackets.
- banish. safely burn your obstacle list, or tear it up. after your prayer, gather the ashes/pieces and place them on your altar or in your bathroom overnight. in the morning, drop the ashes/pieces into the toilet, cover them with "first urine", and flush.
during the waxing moon...
- reflect on what you want to create in the "new" space you've created with the obstacle removal.
- take note of your dreams. visualize. plan.
- give thanks when you see signs of negativity and other unnecessary things leaving your life.
on the full moon...
- give thanks. you can make a special time to do this, or incorporate it into your typical daily spiritual ritual. the point is to consciously express gratitude for the obstacles that have been and will be removed through your work.
- write a gratitude list. start each sentence with "i am grateful for..."
- have a party! celebrate the fullness and beauty of the moon and yourself.
VOW BREAK PRAYER
[even if you only use their list, still put it on paper. definitely add obstacles/issues in your own words as needed and necessary. again: be confident that what goes needs to go.]
I rescind any and all vows & contracts I have taken, anyone in this body has taken, and anyone within my genetic lineage has taken pertaining to:
Going to sleep and forgetting who I am
Participating with limitation
Making limitation Real
Not following Spirit
Not trusting the movement of Spirit
Denying karmic interaction
Resisting Divinity, Infinity, and Ecstasy
Resisting communion with Spirit
Resisting full embodiment of Spirit
Parasites, fungi, bacteria, microbes, mycoplasma and/or anything else which feeds upon my bodies or beingness which are not in alignment with my highest good...
Vows to ignore a given chakra or body
Denying the mastery of myself or others
Denying the sovereignty of myself or others
[add your own language here]
I now declare these vows & contracts null and void in this incarnation and all incarnations across space and time, all parallel realities, parallel universes, alternate realities, alternate universes, all planetary systems, all source systems, all dimensions and the Void.
Spirit, please release all structures, devices, entities, orientations or effects associated with these vows & contracts. NOW!
MOON PHASES 2012 - 2013
[source - http://www.calendar-365.com/moon/moon-phases.html]
New moon - September 15, 2012
Full moon - September 29, 2012
New moon - October 15, 2012
Full moon - October 29, 2012
New moon - November 13, 2012
Full moon - November 28, 2012
New moon - December 13, 2012
Full moon- December 28, 2012
New moon - January 11, 2013
Full moon- January 26, 2013
New moon- February 10, 2013
Full moon - February 25, 2013
New moon - March 11, 2013
Full moon - March 27, 2013
New moon - April 10, 2013
Full moon - April 25, 2013
New moon - May 9, 2013
Full moon - May 24, 2013
New moon - June 8, 2013
Full moon - June 23, 2013
New moon - July 8, 2013
Full moon - July 22, 2013
New moon - August 6, 2013
Full moon - August 20, 2013
New moon - September 5, 2013
Full moon - September 19, 2013
New moon - October 4, 2013
Full moon - October 18, 2013
New moon - November 3, 2013
Full moon - November 17, 2013
New moon - December 2, 2013
Full moon - December 17, 2013