2.04.2008

i want more.

and i'm not gonna apologize for it.

or back down.

or be quiet.

you're damn right i want you to be bigger, better, stronger--because you can be. who are you not to be?

rise above all that stupid man shit you think you're supposed to do and think and say.

but just knowing it won't work. reading the books won't do. you have to live it, feel it, breathe it.

be it.


i love you, and i always will, but life's too short.

i have to be myself, fully and unapologetically (c) olaomi.

if you can't hang, then i will leave you behind, love notwithstanding.

every day i'm bolder, stronger, less afraid of living alone. of not being a mama. of being that woman.

i'd rather be that woman and keep my soul than watch it wither away and call it a home. and i'm not the only one.

it's not that we don't need you.
it's that we're waking up.

and you're gonna catch hell playing catch up.

we all fell for the okeydoke. it's ok.

but now it's time to know better and do better.

3 comments:

trE said...

i can agree with you, i too... want so much more and i know damn well i deserve it. but, i'm okay handling me alone for as long as i have to, to obtain this. *nods*

you always seem to write what i'm thinking at the moment.

creatrix said...

as always, if you got something from my babbling (smile), that's a good thing...

i'm just trying to work it all through...

TruEssence said...

Absolutely love the power behind your words! I feel them! Makes me think of this bell hooks quote...

I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else’s whim or to someone else’s ignorance.
-bell hooks

Respect sis:)