1.12.2007

maferefun egungun mi. mojuba egun. mojuba ori

i've been feeling my egun around lately, wanting me to come and talk to them...but as i've said before, it can be difficult for me to settle down and meditate when i need to...

even so, i had the most beautiful dream of being in the presence of my ancestors. as i knelt/sat before them, i found myself saying the same prayer that i would have said aloud.

dreaming of my collective ancestors is always interesting: i'm usually in a space--i can't really call it a room since there don't appear to be any walls--filled with light. i know that there's a multitude around me, but most of the time i can't see them. it's like being in the center of a football field in a packed stadium.

i can't make them out, but they're there. and i can sense how they're feeling. if they're warning me, congratulating me, imparting some knowledge...

they're definitely happy with me. and i love them for watching out for me--even when i forget to say my prayers like a good little girl.

i'm workin on it y'all. stay on me.

No comments: