1.10.2007

i *heart* my womb

seriously.

women's intuition? that fury that hell hath not? all that love your mama gave you? it's all from the womb...

so...yeah.
this is something of a love letter.

this morning i had the AM off for a dentist appointment. so...after that, i got the oil changed, went out for one of my favorite breakfasts, had a lovely cup of tea...

and spent $60+ at staples buying all new pens/notebooks/etc.

why?

because since my computer crash long, long ago, my desk has become a catch all for random papers/receipts/madness. kitty's litterbox sits next to it underneath an end table.

horrible, i know.

i gave up on it, intending to have a new computer soon...
but "soon" turned into months...
and now it's...a pile of dead trees.
some important, some not.

i decided that between now & the weekend, i need to make a concerted effort to reclaim my desk.

i need to rename it, too. something like the dreamspace or spirit workshop...maybe even ground zero.

i got soulwork to do.

let me say: you have no idea how WEIRD/fantastic/silly/strange/beautiful/scary that is to me... but i know it's the truth.

and i have my womb to thank for it.
(a more-than-honorable mention goes to this book.)

there's a clarity that comes with my cycle. most people refer to it as pms, and it's seen as a very negative thing that needs to be drugged up and dismissed, post haste. my mood swings were famous, and i just told myself i was crazy along with everyone else. however, i think that thinking of my body and its processes in a more holistic, gyno-centric, and magical way over the last couple of years--not to mention being exposed more to like minded women & refocusing myself spiritually--i'm learning to reconvert that energy into the fire under my feet.

yes, i still get cramps. and headaches. and the wardrobe-killing bloating. but on the whole, my period is less about sitting around being weepy & sucking down chocolate and more about "ok. what's my status? what's my direction? what do i need?". it's a time where i become 100xs more aware of where i am/where i'm going/where i want to be.

when my womb starts acting up, it becomes the fire under my feet.

and i suppose that's what it's been all along...

so, thank you, womb. you're the best.



1 comment:

PretaMulatta said...

i have been trying 2 tell my sisters this for YEARS! http://gypsywandering.blogspot.com/2006/06/darkness-falls.html
it is a blessing, not a curse. SO glad 2 find that u know + understand!