3.14.2007

renaissance

to piggyback my myspace blog...i think i need to get back into the poetry game.

to be fair, i was never really in it, but i used to write a lot more of it than i do now--even if i didn't read.

writing these days has taken the form of snippets of journal entries (compared to the multiple page outpourings i did years ago), blogging, and maybe a couple of lines here & there if the mood strikes.



still, on the rare occasions when i do go out and listen to folks, 80-90% of them have me thinking, "i can do better than that."

during my hiatus i've tried to be mindful of squashing negative mind chatter, getting rid of all the "i can'ts" and "i'm not good enoughs".

i'm not gonna assume i'm the next big thing, either. i mean, i'm damn near 30. full time, broke ass poet status isn't my bag. i write because i've always written. becoming a local celebrity and getting first slot at the local cafe isn't really my goal.

but i have a voice. and something to say.
i deserve to be heard, or, rather, something in me wants to be.

so...we'll see.

No comments: