1.17.2010

half my heart's in haiti...

i added some links to the sidebar related to haiti relief.

please, do what you can to help the people of this nation.

if you would rather patronize a local benefit, hold a vigil, organize your own fundraiser, light a candle...whatever works.

just do something.

these efforts will need to continue months and likely years into the future (remember katrina).

give now, keep abreast of the needs of the people, and keep giving. keep doing. keep praying.

vive l'ayiti!

5 comments:

omi said...

from the haitian embassy: things you can do now to help relief efforts, including how to raise awareness on cancelling haiti's debt:

http://tinyurl.com/y9c9r6u

trE said...

I feel like I should donate much more or do something bigger than what I've done, and I'm glad you have the links available for me to research and possibly partake in. Thanks...

omi said...

well, i'm sure that after the first wave of emergency-related issues are handled, there will be much more to do. keep your eyes open for opportunities...

alligator legs said...

love the blog. my theater company is working on a doc about un/disaster relief in haiti. u should check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2cBczlDAk

omi said...

wow...thanks so much for sharing that link! and welcome!