4.12.2007

sometimes i can't keep up with my mind

stories and poems race through, trying to be caught and heard
but i can only do about three things at one time well
get into four or five and i start slippin on at least one
but the words want all my attention
they abhor multitasking

my creativity is pretty overwhelming
which is probably why i've spent so much time trying to
tame
bend
subdue and/or
harness it

by now i understand that it's like my hair:
does what it wants when it wants
and grows like wildfire
or weeds
different textures and colors
all thrown into one me

and i gotta try to make sense of it.

2 comments:

trE said...

sometimes for me, making sense of it all is the ultimate challenge... *sighs* but, it takes up so much time...

creatrix said...

time is always the issue...trying to fit creation between bullshit jobs, sleep, and other necessities...

lovely, isn't it? lol